In honor of National Fitness Day, here are 5 reasons why running is a great way to get (and stay) fit.
1. Flexible hours. When can you run? Whenever. Literally. Unlike a gym, running has no “hours of operation”. Morning, noon, and night, running is open and available to you.
2. Dynamic environment. With running, the environment is dynamic, and you are constantly reacting to your surroundings. This makes every run a unique adventure, which is more than a morning workout on your elliptical can offer.
3. Customizable choices. Listen to that new running playlist you’ve been crafting, or go for your run device-free. Hit the trails during your lunch break, or run your neighborhood streets at the break of dawn. There are so many choices, and the world is your oyster!
4. Tight community. The lifestyle of running comes with a built in family of fiercely loyal, dedicated, and supportive runners who will be there for you to back you up when you need it most. Having this kind of community will help you stay the course and succeed in your running goals, ultimately helping you to be the healthiest and happiest version of yourself.
5. Trackable progress. Some fitness activities make it difficult to track progress. With running, it is easy to see your progress, as many functions of running are quantifiable (distance, speed, etc.). Making goals and passing those goals feels great, and you can track it as it happens.
Why is running your fitness regimen of choice?