With the seventh edition of the Ride model, Saucony continues its tradition of providing a highly cushioned neutral shoe with an elemental feel. While trends over previous years have been focused on minimalism, Saucony has instead catered to many runners still looking for additional cushioning. Across the brand, Saucony has committed to lowering weight, lowering offsets, and creating a platform that sits closer to the ground, yet still providing more cushioning than a bare to the bone minimal or barefoot engineered shoe. The Ride has become a staple trainer for the neutral runner looking for a soft underfoot feel.
- 8mm offset (28mm heel, 20mm forefoot)
- 9.3 ounces in weight
- Removal of medial shank creates a more flexible feel and reduces weight.
- Addition of plush rubber pods provides a soft feel.
- 20% greater ground contact due to redesigned outsole
- Additional vertical flex grooves in forefoot make toe-off smoother