So we’re going to be bold and say that we think the Saucony Peregrine 4 is one of the best trail shoes of 2014. The lightweight, low profile shoe just begs you to attack the trails, while the aggressively lugged outsole grips the terrain with unrelenting traction. Apparently we aren’t the only ones who are loving the shoe – Runner’s World gave it the top honor of Editor’s Choice in their 2014 Spring Trail Shoe Guide.
To celebrate the award, we’re teaming up with Saucony to give away three pairs of the Peregrine 4 on Instagram. You know, to spread the love. Read more…
The trail runners here at the ‘House have found a lot to like about the Peregrine: it’s light, protective, flexible and offers lots of grip. The upcoming Peregrine 4 is the first full redesign in 2 years, but the same basic formula remains.
What to Watch For
- Reduced Weight: Expect the Peregrine 4 to be about a half ounce lighter than the current model in both Men’s and Women’s versions.
- New Upper: A redesigned upper provides more support in the heel.
- More Grip: Outsole lugs with added depth improve traction. In particular, the braking lugs in the heel are much more robust.
- New Rock Plate: The nylon fiber mesh plate reduces weight and also adds flexibility while still providing protection from rocks and other debris.
- Power Up: The ProGrid heel cushioning unit will be replaced with PowerGrid for more optimal shock absorption.
$110 Read more…
Running Shoes, Sneak Peeks