New Balance WT10v2 Women's Running Shoe
The MT10 and WT10 were the original members of New Balance’s Minimus line, introduced in early 2011. This shoe paved the way for the expansion of the Minimus lineup, though the MT10/WT10 has remained unchanged until the release of this second version of the low profile trail shoe.
Not much has changed in this update of the longest standing Minimus offering, so fans of the original MT10/WT10 need not worry. Expect slight changes to improve trail performance and reduce weight.
What to Watch For
- More Outsole Lugs: The addition of lugs to the medial side of the outsole increases traction on a variety of surfaces.
- Increased Comfort: A foam layer built into the upper provides a relaxed fit, while a wrapped heel collar is designed to reduce irritation around the Achilles.
- Lower Weight: New Balance claims a weight of 6.2 oz (Men’s size 9) and 4.9 oz (Women’s size 7), a drop of about an ounce for both.
- Cool Colors: With bright new colorways usually reserved for road shoes, the MT10 v2 / WT10 v2 will certainly stand out on the trail.
Blue/Yellow MT10 v2
Blue/Pink WT10 v2
New Balance MT10v2 Men's Running Shoe
New Balance WR10v2 Women's Running Shoe
The MR/WR10 was one of the first shoes in the New Balance Minimus line when it launched in early 2011. Come March 2013, it’s finally time for an update to the groundbreaking road shoe. The MR10 v2 and WR10 v2 pump new life into this lightweight trainer model – expect stack heights and offsets to remain about the same, now joined by a more flexible open mesh upper, more durable outsole and a significant decrease in weight.
What to Watch For
- New Upper: Flex points at key areas along the lightweight mesh upper allow it to move better with the foot for improved barefoot comfort.
- Updated Outsole: Vibram rubber provides long-lasting durability and excellent traction while keeping weight down.
- Reduced Weight: According to New Balance, the MR10 v2 will weigh in at 6.5 oz (size 9), while the WR10 v2 will tip the scales at 5.2 oz (size 8). That’s over an ounce of weight reduction from the original.
Yellow/Blue Men’s MR10 v2
Blue/Pink Women’s WR10 v2
New Balance MR10v2 Men's Running Shoe