Alert to Brooks Trance lovers: your shoe is headed off into the sunset. But what’s that we see moseying in from the horizon? Why, it’s none other than the new Transcend, making its way to Running Warehouse in February 2014.
As Brooks’ premium support shoe, the Trance has been a solid performer for a dozen seasons, but the company has decided to completely re-envision its take on this shoe category, and a brand new name for this brand new shoe sounds right to us.
What to Watch For
- No Traditional Post: The Transcend ditches a medial post in favor of “Guide Rails” on both sides of the shoe that are designed to provide on-demand support right where you need it.
- Cushioning at 11: Brooks one-ups its already squishy DNA midsole material with turbocharged “Super DNA” that the company says provides 25% more cushioning compared to BioMoGo DNA.
- “Ideal” Performance: The Ideal Heel concept from the PureProject line carries over into this shoe to promote “a more natural and easy foot strike,” according to Brooks. They’ve also added in Ideal Pressure Zones that are designed to distribute impact forces evenly throughout the platform.
- Plush Upper: As you would expect on a premium shoe, Brooks will use only top-notch materials to pamper your foot and create a luxurious environment.
- Lighter Weight: The Transcend is expected to drop a half ounce in the Men’s model to 12.2 oz according to Brooks. We haven’t seen a Women’s weight but expect a bit of a drop there as well.