Over the past few months, we’ve shown you plenty to look forward to from Asics in 2014. Also included in their string of updates is a completely refreshed DS Racer, a shoe that has gone unchanged for several years.
We think Asics has done a great job redesigning their popular supportive racing shoe to give it a sleeker and more streamlined aesthetic that just screams, “fast!” And the best part? We measured the DS Racer 10 at an impressive 6.3 oz for a Men’s size 9 and 5.2 oz for a Women’s size 7, which makes this shoe among the lightest in the supportive racing flat category, and a great update that should make competitive runners excited.
What to Watch For
- Entirely New: The platform and upper of the DS Racer 10 are all-new, but the design intent (a lightweight racing shoe offering a bit of pronation support) remains intact.
- DuoMax Pronation Support: No fancy stability technologies here. Asics stuck to a traditional medial post design to deliver support for mild overpronation.
- Reduced Offset: The DS Racer 10 incorporates Asics’ F.A.S.T. geometry, bringing the heel-to-toe offset down to 8mm to encourage a more efficient stride.
- Low Weight: The DS Racer 10 is 6.3 oz for a Men’s size 9 and 5.2 oz for a Women’s size 7 according to our measurements.
- Seamless Bliss: The use of welded overlays nearly eliminates interior seams for reduced irritations and hotspots.
$110.00 Read more…