At a Glance
- 8.5 oz. (Men’s size 9.0), 7.7 oz. (Women’s size 8.0)
- 10mm heel-to-toe drop: 26mm heel, 16mm forefoot
- Fast & responsive underfoot feel at fast paces
- Exceptional energy return creates a smooth feel at any pace
- Adequate cushioning for efficient runners to use as a daily trainer
The adidas Boston 5 blends lightweight performance with springy cushioning to create a versatile shoe, fast enough for up-tempo workouts while having sufficient cushioning for daily training.
adidas adizero Boston 5; M 8.8oz, W 7.4oz, 10mm offset, $120*
One of the more significant innovations in running footwear last year was the adidas’ new Boost midsole material. Though much of the hype surrounding Boost was simply that – hype – there’s no denying that the material offers a unique underfoot feel with plenty of rebound and bounce.
In its first year, the Boost technology was originally limited to just three models: the Energy Boost, the cushioned and supportive adistar Boost, and our favorite of the three, racing-oriented adios Boost. This year, adidas is indeed all in with this new midsole, as we will see the Boost treatment make its way into most of adidas’ other running shoe models, including their popular lightweight neutral trainer, the adizero Boston. Read more…
Running Shoes, Sneak Peeks