Recipe: Peanut Butter Energy Bites
We don’t always have a lot of time to fuel up pre-run, so we like to keep some convenient (and tasty) snacks on hand to make sure we have the stamina to go the distance when we hit the roads or trails. These peanut butter energy bites are just the ticket!
What you’ll need:
- 2 small, ripe bananas (for potassium to help prevent muscle cramping)
- 2 cups rolled oats (for whole grain carbs)
- ½ cup peanut butter (sub in a different nut butter if you’d prefer)
- ¼ cup plain yogurt (for a little extra calcium)
- 2 tbsp. honey (for quick energy)
- cinnamon to taste (for added deliciousness)
- Medium-sized mixing bowl
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Cookie Sheet
- Waxed paper or parchment paper
Stir it up!
- Mash up the banana in a medium-sized mixing bowl
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir with fork until completely mixed
- Use a tablespoon to spoon mixture onto a parchment paper (or waxed paper) covered cookie sheet
- Place cookie sheet in freezer and freeze for three hours
- Enjoy! Store these energy bites in the freezer in a sealed container so they’re ready when you need some pre-run fuel, or just a healthy snack.
If you feel like mixing it up, try adding some chocolate chips or shredded coconut! What other delish ingredients would you add to this recipe?