50 Signs You Are a Runner
Maybe you’ve been a runner since your youth, and now (thousands of miles and dozens of pairs of trainers later) you’re still hooked. Or maybe, you’ve only been a runner for a few years or a few hundred miles. Either way, there are some telltale signs that you’ve given your heart to running. You just might be a runner if…
- You “accidentally” run on your rest day.
- You never seem to quite catch up on your laundry pile of running clothes.
- You have some pretty serious sunglasses tanlines.
- You have at least one photo of you dripping with sweat on your refrigerator.
- You’ve been chased by a dog and lived to tell the tale.
- You’ve had someone scream “run, Forrest, run” at you from a passing car.
- You run so early that the coffee shops aren’t even open.
- You judge songs you hear by how motivating they’d be on the run.
- You’re kind of addicted to your Garmin.
- You dream about running.
- You write nastygrams when the manufacturer inevitably changes your favorite shoe.
- You daydream about the trails while at work.
- You’ve got one of those race distance bumper stickers on your car.
- You find yourself gravitating toward hills, just for the challenge.
- You spend an inordinate percentage of your monthly income on running gear.
- You get a thrill from plotting your course on MapMyRun.
- You consider a port-a-potty a luxury.
- Your cupboards are always well-stocked with pasta, quinoa and oatmeal.
- Your buddy wants to set you up on a blind date and your first question is, ‘do they run?’
- You start asking for running gear and gift cards (to the ‘House, of course) as presents.
- You get up before the birds to fit in a double day workout.
- It’s too damn hot. You go for a run anyway.
- It’s too damn cold. You go for a run anyway.
- You’re a woman who has far more sports bras than regular bras.
- You know how far you ran without using a map or GPS watch.
- You don’t think a blackened toenail is all that big a deal.
- You found a coworker who runs and you nag them regularly about lunch runs.
- Your next vacation spot was chosen for its great trails.
- You’ll spend $100 (or more) to race on roads you could run for free.
- Your friends have pool noodles. You have a foam roller.
- You’ve had so much sweat in your eyes, you could barely see.
- The first race you finished was one of the best experiences of your life.
- The most recent race you finished was one of the best experiences of your life.
- You look forward to a rainy day so you can bliss out on your run.
- You hit the golf course frequently, but don’t golf.
- You compare your latest injuries with other runners.
- “A good day at work” means you got a run in over lunch.
- You use the word “only” in front of a mile distance you used to think was far.
- You don’t run for two days and start to go stir-crazy.
- You have an opinion about running on concrete vs. pavement.
- You’ve mastered the subtle nod/wave when you pass other runners.
- You have a whole stash of ice bags in your freezer.
- You find yourself gravitating toward running metaphors.
- You have enough race t-shirts to insulate a small cabin.
- Icy Hot is your version of perfume/cologne.
- You’re frequently recruiting friends who don’t run to try and get them hooked.
- You have fond memories of bygone shoes.
- Your running gear is the first thing you pack for any trip.
- You don’t even remember what you did with your free time before you started running.
- You’ll never give it up until you’re broken.
Alright…your turn. What are some more signs that you’re a runner?
You Might Also Like...
Powered by Facebook Comments