New Balance Minimus Road 00 – First Look
If you’ve had a drool cup sitting next to your computer since we posted the MR00 sneak peak video and WR00 sneak peak video back in September, there’s probably not much else we need to tell you about this highly anticipated shoe, except when you can put it on your foot (sit tight until mid-March).
For the rest of you who have been easing your way into the minimal running experience, here’s a little more information about the Oh-Oh, the Zero-Zero, the Double-Ought, or however else you’d like to pronounce the name. We expect to pronounce it “Big Seller.”
Oh, and if your runs ever take you off the paved path, it’s worth taking a detour to learn more about the Minimus Trail 00, the trail version of New Balance’s zero-drop, near-barefoot experience.
What to Watch For
- Zero Drop: As you may have gathered from the two zeros in the shoe’s name, this shoe’s as level as a Rembrandt at the Louvre. Your foot sits at the same angle it would on flat ground.
- Lightest, Lowest: New Balance road shoes don’t get lighter or lower than this model. We haven’t measured stack heights yet, but weight is expected to come in at 6.4 oz/4.4 oz (Men’s size 9, Women’s size 8). That’s over 1.5 oz lighter than the MR10/WR10 models.
- Feature-Packed Upper: It might sound strange, but this upper combines plenty of features to make the 00 feel like less of a shoe. The no-sew upper uses an integrated tongue design to minimize rubbing on the top of the foot while still allowing a customized fit. A dual-density mesh keeps the shoe breathable, and the precious few welded overlays keep the shoe flexible while providing some necessary structure.
- Very Fine Fit: The Double-Ought’s upper is shaped very similar to the MT110/WT110, which has been getting rave reviews from our staff for fitting snug in the midfoot and heel while giving plenty of room for your forefoot to do its thing in the wide toe box.
- A Little Vibram Goes a Long Way: Strategic Vibram rubber covers the outer heel and areas of the forefoot most likely to come in heavy contact with the ground during your stride.
- Red/Black New Balance Minimus Road 00
- White/Blue New Balance Minimus Road 00
- Green/Black New Balance Minimus Road 00
The MR00 and WR00 will both list for $110 upon launch.
You Might Also Like...
Powered by Facebook Comments