Asics GT-2000 Sneak Peek
Over the past 6 years, the Asics GT 2100 series has earned a reputation as one of the best daily trainers, period. The upper is a natural fit for runners of all stripes, the midsole balances cushion and responsiveness, and the outsole wears well for hundreds of miles. By far, it is Asics’ top seller in the running shoe category.
So when the company decided to redesign this shoe from the ground up and launch it under a whole new name – the GT-2000 – do you think they goofed around? No way. They invested in engineering and product testing to make sure the new shoe would perform better and remain a fan favorite.
What to Watch For
- More Cushioning: The GT-2000 has the largest Gel pad of any GT series to date.
- Two-Layer Midsole: The dual layer Solyte foam allows for differing foam densities for a gender-specific fit.
- Updated Pronation Support: The new Dynamic Duomax continues to provide support through a redesigned medial posting in the lower portion of the midsole.
- Reconstructed Heel Collar: Asics redesigned the Personal Heel Fit heel collar system to help keep the shoe comfortably locked in place on the foot.
- Seamless Upper: Welded overlays reduce the risk of hotspots forming or a random seam jabbing your skin.
- 10mm Offset: This shoe drops a bit from the GT-2170, which has an 11mm offset. The 1mm change will not be perceptible but is designed to reduce weight slightly.
- GT-X Version: A waterproof Gore-Tex upper and lugged outsole makes this shoe ready for almost any type of weather.
- Trail Version: With the same midsole and upper as the GT-2000, the Trail version adds grippy lugs for added traction on road and off.
Men’s Colors at Launch
- Lime/White/Red GT-2000
- White/Orange/Lightning GT-2000
- Black/Blue/Lime GT-2000
- Titanium/White/Red GT-2000 GTX
- Black/Orange/Lime GT-2000 Trail
Women’s Colors at Launch
- Grape/White/Pink GT-2000
- White/Orange/Fuschia GT-2000
- Black/White/Blue GT-2000
- Titanium/Yellow/Orange GT-2000 GTX
- Black/Raspberry/Lime GT-2000 Trail