Asics DS Racer 10 Sneak Peek
Over the past few months, we’ve shown you plenty to look forward to from Asics in 2014. Also included in their string of updates is a completely refreshed DS Racer, a shoe that has gone unchanged for several years.
We think Asics has done a great job redesigning their popular supportive racing shoe to give it a sleeker and more streamlined aesthetic that just screams, “fast!” And the best part? We measured the DS Racer 10 at an impressive 6.3 oz for a Men’s size 9 and 5.2 oz for a Women’s size 7, which makes this shoe among the lightest in the supportive racing flat category, and a great update that should make competitive runners excited.
What to Watch For
- Entirely New: The platform and upper of the DS Racer 10 are all-new, but the design intent (a lightweight racing shoe offering a bit of pronation support) remains intact.
- DuoMax Pronation Support: No fancy stability technologies here. Asics stuck to a traditional medial post design to deliver support for mild overpronation.
- Reduced Offset: The DS Racer 10 incorporates Asics’ F.A.S.T. geometry, bringing the heel-to-toe offset down to 8mm to encourage a more efficient stride.
- Low Weight: The DS Racer 10 is 6.3 oz for a Men’s size 9 and 5.2 oz for a Women’s size 7 according to our measurements.
- Seamless Bliss: The use of welded overlays nearly eliminates interior seams for reduced irritations and hotspots.
Red/Lightning/Flash Yellow Asics Gel DS Racer 10
Hot Pink/Sunny Lime/Emerald Asics Gel DS Racer 10