Adidas Supernova Sequence 5 Sneak Peek
The Sequence series from Adidas updates to its fifth version this Fall. Nothing earth-shattering about the redesign of this moderate support, moderate feature shoe, but a fresh design and lots of little tweaks should help it appeal to a broader range of runners.
As with past shoes in the series, the Supernova Sequence 5 will be available in Men’s and Women’s models. It releases in July 2012 at a price of $115.00. The Men’s model will be available in the Tech Grey/Bright Gold color seen below along with a Bright Green/Silver version. The Women’s Sequence 5 launches in the Tech Grey/Hyper Green model shown above and in Bright Red/Tech Grey.
What to Watch For
- Better Upper: Adidas changed the last of this shoe for an improved forefoot fit, redesigned the heel collar, and crafted the upper with a welded microsuede for a softer fit and better forefoot flex.
- More Grip: A larger Continental rubber outsole delivers over 20% more traction in wet and dry conditions.
- Lighter Weight: Adidas estimates a weight of 12.0 oz/10.2 oz (Men’s 9/Women’s 8). That’s just about a half ounce less than the current Men’s model and over three quarters of an ounce less than the current Women’s model.
- Gender-Specific Design: Subtle changes to the outsole vary flex points for Men’s and Women’s models, and the PRO-MODERATOR pronation control system also receives tweaks based on gender.
- Infrared/Metallic/Silver Adidas Sequence 5
- Grey/Silver/Green Adidas Sequence 5
You Might Also Like...
Powered by Facebook Comments