Enchiladas. Mole. Flautas. We’ll chow down on some good Mexican food whenever we get the chance, but sometimes we want something just a little lighter. One of our faves? Tacos. Here’s a fresh vegetarian take on the tried and true classic. Bonus: this dish only takes about 10 minutes to prepare, so if you’re famished after a workout it’s just the ticket.
- Several whole leaves of bibb lettuce, washed
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can vegetarian refried beans
- ½ medium yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup cotija cheese, crumbled (substitute feta if cotija is not available near you)
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 whole carrot, shredded
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
How to Make ‘Em
- Heat olive oil in medium skillet. Sautee onions.
- Add refried beans, black beans and jalapeño pepper. Heat thoroughly.
- Spoon bean mixture into lettuce leaves and top with cherry tomatoes, avocado, Greek yogurt, cotija cheese and carrot to garnish.
Do you have a favorite post-workout recipe?