Timex is adding a new option to their GPS line this fall with the run-focused Ironman Run Trainer GPS Watch. In many ways, the new Ironman Run Trainer GPS is Timex’s answer to the Garmin Forerunner 210 and Nike+ SportWatch GPS powered by TomTom. The Run Trainer will be available in 2 packages:
* Speed+Distance: Ironman Run Trainer GPS watch, $225.00 MSRP.
* S+D with Heart Rate: Ironman Run Trainer GPS watch and ANT+ Flex Tech Digital 2.4 Heart Rate Sensor, $275.00 MSRP.
Expect the new Timex Ironman Run Trainer GPS Watch to be available November 2011.
- GPS Tech: high-sensitivity SiRFstarIV chipset
- Speed + Distance: current & average pace/speed, current & total distance
- Memory: 15 workouts & 1,000 laps
- Timing: chrono, hydration/nutrition timers, auto lap, auto start/stop
- Intervals: 5 timers, zones for pace, foot cadence, and heart rate
- Display: 3 or 4 lines, customizable data fields
- Data Transfer: USB cord to online Timex TrainingPeaks site
- Battery: 9-hour battery life, rechargeable Li-Ion
- Hardware: swim-friendly 50m water-resistant, INDIGLO back light, 6 push buttons
- Accessories: compatible with ANT+ HRM and Foot Pod
- Watch Size: 1.9” wide, 2.2” tall, 0.75” thick (48 x 56 x 19mm)