Soleus is jumping into the GPS market with the GPS 1.0 Digital Sport Watch. With an MSRP of $99, the new Soleus GPS watch targets runners seeking a simple-to-use speed/distance watch to monitor training.
- GPS: high-sensitivity receiver
- Distance: current & total in Miles or Km
- Pace/Speed: current & average
- Calories Burned: current & total Kcal burned
- Chrono: 24-hour, 1/100 second resolution
- Data Storage: 100-lap memory
- World Time: 106 cities covering all time zones
- Rechargeable Battery: USB rechargeable lithium-ion
Looking at the list above, it’s clear Soleus created a value-priced GPS watch with desirable core-run features. Additionally, the watch includes: time-of-day, date, alarms, multiple time zones and a backlight. All these features are packaged in a wristwatch that looks to be about the same size as Soleus’ current Ultra Sole or 262 watch models.
While there is no heart rate monitor option nor computer data-transfer capability, runners who want to track their pace/speed and distance will find it in the new GPS 1.0.
The Soleus GPS 1.0 Digital Sport Watch is expected to be available October 2011.