When you travel for business, you don’t stop running. In fact, running is one of the best things you do on a business trip. Running is a great way to explore new areas – and, of course, it helps keep you sane.
When traveling, less is more. Packing less helps lighten your load and keeps your baggage streamlined. As a result, your GPS watch needs to be versatile; it should serve many functions beyond just telling you time, speed and distance. It should also be easy to use, because the last thing you need on your business trip is a “helpful” gadget to figure out when you’re just trying to get your run in. Thus, we have chosen the Garmin Fenix 3 HR GPS Watch as the best option in 2016 for the business traveler. While this watch is seen as a go-to option for the outdoor enthusiast, it is loaded with features that make it great for business travel as well.
The following is list of ways the Garmin Fenix 3 HR GPS Watch can enhance your travel experience.
No need to pack a cable or heart rate strap
- The Fenix 3 HR has a long battery life charge. This means you can run an hour a day for more than a week without needing to recharge the watch.
- If you are into keeping an online training log, you can upload your runs to Garmin Connect via bluetooth and your smartphone or to your laptop through WiFi.
- This version of the Fenix 3 is the HR version, so heart rate can be obtained straight from your wrist.
Don’t get lost
- Okay, truthfully, you actually might get lost, but the Fenix 3 HR can help you find your way back. With its TracBack feature, the watch can guide you back along your route, or you can see where you are in relation to your starting point.
Do more than just run
- If you enjoy a variety of activities, or you just need a break from running and want to mix things up, the Fenix 3 HR has a multi-sport mode, allowing you to easily segment your activities. Whether you want to try stand-up paddle boarding or ski down the slopes, you can capture this activity in a specific sport mode. This means your activities are easily separated as you look back at them on your watch or online.
Avoid the embarrassment of your phone ringing in a meeting
- You can get phone and text notifications on the watch. The vibration notification on the watch is not noticeable to others, unlike the noise of a vibrating phone. Also, a simple glance at your watch let’s you know who is calling or allows you to read a complete text. This means you can be aware of what’s going on without having to pull out your phone.
Wear the watch all day
- Granted, the Fenix 3 HR is large and not the most feminine looking watch, but it does have a classier look than most GPS watches.
- The watch face can be customized, and several free watch faces are available through Garmin IQ. This provides you with the ability to select a look that matches the occasion, or your personal style.
- The high-density sapphire lens is scratch resistant, so the face will look good longer and you don’t need be worried about the surrounding environment.
- If you desire a look that is more business than sport, optional leather or metal straps are available.