Posted on December 28, 2011
in Running Shoes
New Balance MT110 Men's Shoe
New Balance faced a daunting task when updating the MT101 and the women’s version, the WT101. Plenty of customers rave about this shoe, and for good reason. The 101 struck a near-perfect balance by providing protection from lumps and bumps on the trail while still being light and nimble enough to please many in the minimalist crowd.
We think it’s about to get even better with the MT110 and WT110 ($85.00 MSRP each), releasing in early January 2012.
- New Upper Construction: The innovative synthetic upper covering a soft, breathable lining is highly durable and ready to handle dirt, mud, water or any other elements you want to throw its way.
- Lower Heel Height: The MT110 and WT110 have dropped the heel from 26mm to 21mm while keeping a 17mm forefoot, giving these shoes a flatter 4mm heel-to-toe differential.
- More Flexible Midsole: Even with rock stop technology to protect from stone bruises, New Balance has added flexibility in the midsole for more natural heel-to-toe movement.
- Sticky, Lug-alicious Outsole: New Balance went with directional lugs from heel to toe on this update for better traction on uphill climbs and descents, and the sticky rubber will keep you planted.
- Still Staying Trim: At 7.75 ounces (men’s size 9) and 6.2 ounces (women’s size 8), the MT110 and WT110 continue to fall on the lighter end of the trail shoe spectrum while offering plenty of features.
- For Wider Feet: For the first time in this series, widths are available. We will be carrying 2E widths in men’s sizes.
- Serious Style: For the footballers among us, you’ll be forgiven if you think this shoe looks a little bit like a soccer cleat. The shoe designers were inspired by the flexibility, low profile, and lateral support of soccer shoe uppers.
New Balance MT110 Men's Shoe (Outsole View)
You Might Also Like...