Posted on January 5, 2012
in Running Shoes
New Balance WT00
Kind souls that we are, we gave you a sneak peak of this shoe last fall (check out the MT00 video and WT00 video). Now that we’re getting closer to the mid-March launch date, we wanted to provide a little more information on this innovative near-barefoot shoe by New Balance.
The MT00 and WT00 will both list for $110 upon launch. For all you pavement pounders out there, stay tuned for more information on the Minimus Trail 00 sister shoe, the Minimus Road 00.
What to Watch For
- Low Rider: This is the lowest trail shoe offered by New Balance. The 00 means zero drop from heel to toe. There is only a modest midsole and thin Vibram outsole separating you from the dirt, pebbles or scrub you’re about to step on.
- Featherlight: Not surprisingly given how low the shoe is, this is also the lightest trail shoe New Balance offers, at just 4.4 oz for the Men’s size 9 and 3.5 oz for the Women’s size 8. In fact, those weights make it the lightest trail shoe on the market, period.
- Holy Sole: The deconstructed midsole keeps weight down while providing more cushioned lugs for ground contact. High-wear spots on the heel and forefoot are reinforced with a Vibram rubber outsole.
- Barely There Upper: Strategically placed overlays welded to a durable nylon material creates a light, slipper-like fit. If you forget you’re wearing shoes while chewing up the trail, you’ll put smiles on the faces of plenty of New Balance product engineers.
- Hot Spots Be Gone: The upper is practically seamless, except for some stitching where the tongue attaches at the base. Translation: if you don’t want to wear socks, you don’t have to.
New Balance WT00 - Outsole View
You Might Also Like...