Posted on August 22, 2013
in First Look Running Shoes
The New Balance numbering system can cause confusion from time to time, but there’s no confusing the fact that the 890 series has been a reliable performance shoe for neutral runners. The upcoming fourth version of this model introduces a whole new look, with a comprehensive redesign from heel to toe.
What to Watch For
- Weight Reduction: New Balance claims weight decreases of nearly an ounce in v4, with Men’s size 9 at 8.5 oz and Women’s size 7 at 6.7 oz, compared to NB’s official weights for v3 at 9.4 oz and 7.5 oz, respectively.
- No-Sew Upper: Stitches be gone! The upper of the 890 v4 features all welded overlays, which reduces weight and the risk of irritation.
- Increased Toe Spring: The amount the platform curves up at the toe has been increased slightly for a better transition at toe-off.
- More Generous Toebox: Prior models of the 890 have been known for their shallow toebox, and NB decided to add a bit more material to provide an accommodating fit to more runners.
- Same Offset: We expect the 890 v4 to continue to fall in the 7mm-8mm drop category.
- Widths Available: Like prior models, we will carry the Men’s version in 2E widths.
November 2013 (one Men’s and one Women’s color)
February 2014 (remaining colorways)
Cobalt Black/Yellow New Balance 890 v4
Atomic Yellow/Magnet New Balance 890 v4
Blue/Green New Balance 890 v4
Blue/Pink New Balance 890 v4
Yellow/Silver New Balance 890 v4
New Balance 890 v4 Women's Running Shoe Blue/Pink
New Balance 890 v4 Outsole View
You Might Also Like...